Today age, we are all on the go and the fast food options we have, leaves much to be desired. Here is a yummy healthy option that is quick and easy. Enjoy!
Zucchini Lasagna – Low Carb
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (I use 1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese (or low fat or fat free ricotta)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use 8 oz. divided)
- 1 teaspoon flour
1. Cook zucchini until tender, drain and set aside. Fry meat and onions until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain fat. Add next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 10 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups.
3. In small bowl slightly beat egg.
4. Add cottage cheese, half of shredded cheese and flour.
5. In (1 1/2-qt.) baking-roasting pan arrange half of the meat mixture. Top with half of the zucchini and all the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining meat and zucchini.
6. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Feel free to pass this along to others.